ROTA’s female volunteers set to make impact in Cambodia

TRIBUNE NEWS NETWORK

DOHA TWENTY-THREE female volunteers from four independent girls’ secondary schools will set out on an eight-day trip to Cambodia organised by Reach Out To Asia (ROTA from March 1
In collaboration with ROTA’s Cambodian partner, the Monithapana Foundation and under the sponsorship of Vodafone-Qatar, the group from Al Bayan Independent Secondary School for Girls, Al Sailiyah Independent Secondary School for Girls, Qatar Independent School and Amna Bint Wahab Independent Secondary School for Girls, will host several workshops in Cambodia during their stay in the country.

Prior to the visit, ROTA will conduct a four-day orientation sessions for the volunteers to prepare them for peer-to-peer sessions.

A total of four orientation sessions will be conducted, during which volunteers will share skills, practise public speaking and develop the content of the workshops they will deliver in Cambodia The volunteers will also receive briefings about ROTA projects and the school in Cambodia, Cambodian history, culture and other relevant information.

“Visiting Cambodia will give the volunteers a wonderful opportunity to develop and enhance important life skills such as communication, empathy and interpersonal relationships. In addition, they will experience a ROTA project that delivers high quality, modern education in a safe learning environment,” said ROTA National Programmes Director Mohammed Abdulla Saleh.

Besides the 23 female volunteers, the team will also comprise of six teachers, four ROTA staff and a trainer.

“ I have always wanted to play my part in voluntary service, not just because I think it is important but because it is something I enjoy and look forward to,” said Hissa Nasser al Qahtani, from Amna Bint Wahab Independent School.

“I feel honoured to be a part of this visit. I am confident that this tour will be a rewarding experience and I will get to do many things I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do otherwise,” said Reem al Amri from Sailiyah Independent Secondary School for Girls.

Ghalya Khalid al Mulla, another volunteer from Al Bayan Independent School, expressing her feelings said: “Volunteer service is in line with Islamic values. It has been an integral part of my life. I am looking forward to my visit to Cambodia as I believe the experience gained there will enrich my life further.

“I am indebted to ROTA for giving me this opportunity to interact with the pupils and engage in meaningful and memorable life-changing experiences.”

Related Posts

1 comment

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter