MUZIKALE MOM

AILYN AGONIA

DOHA one of the most common stereotypes in relation to Filipinos is their strong love for music and great musical abilities. It is not uncommon to break them in song and dance for no reason.

So it should come as no big surprise that every successful entertainment scene in the world Filipinos among the ranks.

Johanne Kaye Romero McLeod is one among the various prominent Filipino artists to have caught the hearts of her kabayans and members of other communities, in Qatar.

The petite beauty exposure is not limited to performing for the community. Not only is she a popular performer on other places including different hotel gigs, but also often invited to perform for our military at Camp Assayliyah.

"Music is a way of life among Filipinos.

It is certainly part of their culture. The musicality of Filipino people is very well documented in old books, as well as the current media. We have music for all kinds of emotions and situations, "she said.

The mother of three, who is expecting her fourth child, has no good musical training but with such a gift of powerful voice that she refined over the years was born. Johanne the father, also a singer and guitarist, was the one of who they drew inspiration to put music and satisfy her deep love for the art.

"I can miss a meal, but not a day will pass without me singing or humming or hear at least one number! I even have a song for every last word that comes from the mouth of my husband! He finds that very funny and he calls me a walking jukebox! "Johanne said about her personal relationship with music.

Johanne has performed in different parts of the Philippines with her first professional band called Bon Ami then later with other ensembles that took her to Malaysia, Singapore and then brought her to Qatar where she performed at the Ramada Hotel, Radisson Blu, now under a contract for six months. That was when.

After getting married in 2006, Johanne flew back to Doha and her career.

In 2007, she performed with a Filipino theater group called the Tanghalang overseas Pinoy in a play titled The rhythms of Broadway. Since then she has run in other locations and events. She was a part of a Philippine group called Fahrenhayt Band and later joined Zyklone band that her even more popular in the local entertainment scene.

' I usually carried out on company events and Philippine concerts. I also had the privilege to perform for charities and Government events such as the celebration of the Philippine independence and think pink Qatar the annual walk for cancer. I am proud of the US Army at Camp Assayliyah on several occasions have entertained. I am proud because my husband, William McLeod is a former American soldiers and I felt very honored to sing and perform for these heroes and heroines, "said Johanne.

At the height of her musical career in Qatar in 2008, most popular bands w e r e those Americans, consisting of England, Scotland and Bulgarian nationals.

Johanne de band was one of the few Philippine groups back then that were able to compete in popularity with these groups.

"Filipino bands are very popular in Doha and everywhere else in the world. I think it's because of our versatility.

Musicality is already a given! Filipino bands are very good at adjusting and tuning of their actions to the will of the public. I amproud to say that we can entertain anybody with ears and eyes! "she said.

Johanne balances her love for music with a mother, a wife and an entrepreneur.

She said: "when not on stage present at my two teenagers, a toddler and another one is on the way (she's seven months in her fourth pregnancy) and my loving and very supportive man, keep me busy. I am very blessed to have the full support of my family! Management of our existing businesses and set up a new project are also priorities. I feel very accomplished pretty much all in singing and performing part of my life. The one thing I would really like to do is to write my own lyrics! "She said.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter